Can't believe it's been a month since the show was on! I must have slept for the last four weeks or so as time gently pattered by. So, in a nutshell, here's how it all went for the garden and me:
- We got the garden finished by the skin of our teeth: I was still tarting up the accessories when the judges came and did their stuff and asked me, politely, to clear off
- BBC filmed us a few times: did the opening of the TV coverage from the roof garden with Rachel De Thame and Joe Swift
- Press loved the garden, so did the photographers!
- Gala night was very wet in true Hampton Court Show style, but the fireworks looked great from the roof garden
- We got a Silver-Gilt Medal! A bit disappointed it wasn't the Gold but the hedge and couple of other bits and pieces let us down
- Visitors loved the garden!
- I spent a bit of time catching the sun on the roof terrace and dodging the rain in the garden room
The garden is all gone now. Going there on breakdown was quite sad and I felt a bit emotional seeing the building reduced to a pile of rubble. All that work and you are left with a flattened building site!
Still, who knows what will happen at next year's show. Watch this space!