Thursday 19 June 2008

Going Wild



This morning I drove to British Wildflower Plants at North Burlingham in Norfolk to see my wildflowers. Ian Forster, with several medal winning gardens behind him, has been babysitting my wildflowers which looked fantastic, all waiting to peak at the right time in the garden. He'd not long moved them out of the hot glasshouse into the shade tunnel. I also saw Ian's mass of red poppies (well, they will be in two and half week's time) which are going onto another garden at Hampton show.

Leaving Norfolk and the Broads behind, I drove to Suffolk to Woottens plants at Halesworth to see my mate Mike Loftus. He has been looking after some absolutely gorgeous species Pelargoniums for containers in the show garden. The plants look amazing and I had a very aromatic drive back to Cambridgeshire, very calming! In fact, the whole day was lovely and relaxing and it was hard to resist the temptation to turn off the A12 at Great Yarmouth when various assortments of 'Seafront' and 'To The Beach' signs wafted tantalizingly in front of me. But I was a good girl and stuck to my route. Maybe next time.

Later, back at home I dashed into my local Homebase store in Biggleswade and did I raid on black exterior paint (sorry chaps, cleaned you out of stock). I spoke to Sam whilst loading up the trolley who told me the building was progressing well on site: 'We are ahead of schedule,' he said, 'but don't tell anyone.' I'm back down on site early tomorrow to see the trees arrive and look at marking out the rest of the site.

No comments: